Plate&Shell Heat Exchanger
Product overview (purpose)
PSHE(Plate&Shell Heat Exchanger) is one of the compact type of heat exchanger available as alternatives to Shell&Tube Heat Exchanger or Plate Heat Exchanger(PHE). Its name is derived from the structure that a fully welded plate pack is enclosed in a cylindrical shell.
Because of its special structure and manufacturing method, PSHE can combine the advantage of Shell&Tube Heat Exchanger(high stiffness)and that of PHE(high heat-transfer efficiency and compact size), and also can be designed and manufactured for any operation condition.
TANKTECH’s PSHE has already tested and delivered for cryogenic services such as LNG or LN2 handling process. Therefore, it can be a highly competitive solution for LNG vaporizer, BOG heater and so on.
Technology of TANKTECH
Shell and Plate Design
Fatigue Resistance/Pressure Testing
Performance Test & Inspection
High pressure and cryogenic to high temperature capability.
- It has a round, fully welded construction.
- Strong structure and applicable to various temperatures by welding.
- TKT PSHE are approx. 50% smaller than traditional shell & tube heat exchangers because of higher heat transfer area created by the corrugated patterns of their plates
- The gasket-free construction is durable enough for the harshest conditions and prevents maintenance issues and no leakages in very high/low pressures and temperature.
- Turbulent flow even at low velocities, keeping the plates free from scaling and fouling longer than the laminar flow in shell and tube units.
- Easy to maintain due to the option for removable plate pack core via a bolted cover on one end of the shell [Openable Type].